Future50 is an exciting new business growth programme that's designed to recognise Norfolk and Suffolk's most innovative companies. We want to find the region's 'ones to watch' and to accelerate their growth ambitions through quality business advice, inspirational networking events that stimulate peer learning, innovative multimedia business support and access to grant funding as an investment catalyst. Future50 members will be the individuals and companies that will be creating jobs, growing at a faster rate than others and that have the drive and ambition needed to be leaders in their sector.
Funded by Round 6 of the Government's Regional Growth Fund, Future50 will be delivered across Norfolk and Suffolk by Nwes and Archant, with partners Barclays, Birketts, Lovewell Blake and UEA adding ongoing support throughout.
Who can apply?
Future50 is open to Norfolk and Suffolk's small-to-medium sized business, which means that you should be employing less than 250 people and turnover less than £40million. Anyone can apply, but we're looking for enterprising and innovative entrepreneurs and businesses with the greatest potential to have an impact on the local economy over the next three years.
Do you have what it takes?
Future50 is about finding inspiring, pioneering and ambitious individuals who are driven to succeed in local business. Typically these are entrepreneurs that have:
- Run a business for at least a couple of years and already seen some growth in that business
- A desire to learn from others, evaluate and then take action
- A clear focus on objectives and goals
- A desire to innovate, both in terms of products and services but also in creating an exciting business culture
- A desire to export now or in the future
- Valued partnerships and an openness to exploring opportunity and collaboration
Why should you apply?
As a Future50 member you'll receive a number of exclusive benefits that will give your business the competitive edge it needs to succeed:
- Intensive business advice to develop strategy, business plans and support implementation
- Support and advice on areas including marketing, access to finance and financial performance
- Masterclasses on subjects such as brand, leadership, growth stages and mentoring
- Select events that will provide unique access to business innovators and political leaders
- Multimedia exposure through the scheme, and via Archant media channels
- Development of a peer group that provides support, learning and trading opportunities
- Eligibility to apply to a dedicated grant fund that can provide up to £50,000 at a maximum 20% intervention rate where growth plans will be stimulated
Growing our region
As a Future50 member you'll also be playing an important and exciting part in the development of our region. By working with businesses that have the potential to make the most economic impact locally over the course of the next three years, Future50 will stimulate enterprise in the area and provide a lasting legacy based on quality jobs and increased trade. Your business could play a key role in the local economy for years to come, providing inspiration and future support for the next generation of aspiring entrepreneurs and emerging companies.
What are you waiting for?
This could be the excellent opportunity that your business has been waiting for. It will help you develop as an individual, will accelerate your business growth, bring forward potential expansion plans and put you in the ideal position to exploit any new opportunity that comes your way.
The scheme is selective, with an independent panel assessing all applications so unfortunately not every business will be successful. But, we'll provide feedback on decisions and provide access to business support to help with growth plans outside of the scheme.
To apply you simply need to:
- Consider the eligibility requirements relating to potential growth of the business through investment and/or job creation, and how you believe your business will benefit from membership
- Complete the online application from or download and return the offline version via email to email@example.com
- Your application will be reviewed and checked by our team, who will then contact you to discuss further. This may involve a visit
- All applications will be forwarded to an independent investment panel for a final decision
- Applicants will be notified as to whether they have been accepted onto the Future50 programme
- Business support will commence and guidance will be provided for grant applications
Simply click below to get started...